Hi, I am Maartje Monné and founder of Voice Care & Coaching.
I am a Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) since 2004 and have been specializing myself in voice disorders, vocal techniques for the speaking voice and singing voice and many voice related methods since then.
I also studied Musical Theater (part-time) to develop my own singing, dancing, acting, and stage skills (one of the best moments and memories of my life! ❤) and have had my own private voice practice in the Netherlands, which was a great success!
And then, in 2009, I met the (French) love of my life. So I sold my practice and moved to the south of France in 2010 where I ‘restarted’ my life almost from 0
(I even could hardly speak the language; which was very frustrating for someone who loves to talk a lot)!
For various reasons, I started working in 2011 at Airbus Helicopters as a Key Logistic Manager and stayed there for almost 8 years. This work wasn't voice related AT ALL, but it was a very good experience though. Because, besides the French language, I have learned many other useful skills during those years!
In January 2019, I left Airbus Helicopters and started my new (current) private voice practice/company in France; Voice Care & Coaching.
And since October 2020, I can call myself a psycho-energetic therapist too.
Today ‘voice work’ is more to me than vocal care and improving someone’s
voice quality; it is also about making people aware that the voice itself has superpowers and that it can be used as a fantastic (and free 🙌) ‘tool’ to improve your overall health!
In other words; it is important to take good care of your voice, but your voice
can also take care of YOU! It is part of your ‘inner pharmacy'!!
So let's start to make magic with your own voice; your superpower!
Some other (fun) facts about me:
● I grew up in Prinsenbeek, a small village in the south of the Netherlands
● When I was little, I was a very shy and insecure girl, but I have become a 'brave chicken'!
● My passion for the voice started thanks to Disney’s ‘The Little Mermaid’ and ‘The Sound of Music’
● I’m a mother of two boys (2012 & 2017) and I have a cat (2010, so my first 'baby')
● I speak three languages; Dutch (native language), English & French
● I’m more a morning person than an evening person
● My bed is my sacred place (yes, I LOVE to sleep!!)
● I love to drink herbal tea (especially Rooibos); no coffee for me!
● I love the nature, especially the sea & the mountains
● I am a BIG musical fan
● I love to hug trees